Thursday, October 1, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

I just wanted to give a quick update on Anton even though I really don't feel like it. Anton continues to have fevers but the highest it got to yesterday was 100.8! This is exciting but we aren't getting too excited yet. He is off of high flow oxygen but still wears the nose part because they are using that to do his breathing treatments three times a day. We are doing a skin biopsy today to check for Graft vs Host Disease. I don't think he has it again but we shall see. He is shaking all the time now so the doctors are trying to figure that out. His sodium was 158 yesterday which is pretty high so they are working on slowly lowering it. If they lower it too fast it can cause brain damage and if it rises too high it can be fatal. I'm not too worried about it though because this is something they deal with in kids post BMT a lot. And they all know they have to let me know when it's time to start worrying otherwise I will drive myself crazy worrying about everything. So far they aren't worried so I'm not either. I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Abigail's funeral and will come back Sunday. A good friend at RMH is going to keep Kenya and Judah tonight then get them off to school in the morning and then my hubby who is so selfless and sweet is going to keep all three kids at the hospital with him for the rest of the weekend. I am so thankful I can go, my heart is so far from this place I am ready to see my friend and love on her family. If something crazy happens I will update otherwise you won't hear from me for a few days. - October 01, 2015 at 12:49PM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: