Monday, June 15, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

Day +81 We had clinic today which was long but I was able to get some questions answered about the iv meds I'm giving Anton. I didn't know that his CSA should have been going through his purple line and not his red. The reason is they do blood draws out of the red line and CSA sticks to the line so his levels will come back high even though they could be normal. I was a little frustrated because the nurse who came to teach me how to give Anton CSA didn't tell me this even though i asked if it needed to go through a certain line. I also wanted to make sure I could give his iv meds together because the nurse said it was fine and sure enough a few of them can't be given together. I will be calling them tomorrow because if i wouldn't have thought to ask the pharmacist today I would have been giving him the meds wrong for who knows how long. Anton's diarrhea is still a little out of control so we're trying a few different things with his food to see if it will help. If it doesn't help he will have to go on TPN which is nutrition through his central line and he would have to stop feeds.We are trying very hard to avoid this. Anton's iv infusions start at 6am (I go back to sleep after connecting him) and the last one ends at midnight. I have taken a nap the past two days. Today Anton and I took a nap on the couch together. We got to meet Kiira Kinkle today at the hospital. She is so cute and will be getting her BMT soon. I also got to see Prayers for Cole's parents today. He is back on the BMT floor and will get his transplant tomorrow!! We had a fun night at RMH. A family from RMH had the car club they are a part of bring some classic cars and they cooked an amazing dinner for us. We ate steak and tons of sides! We played with bubbles outside, and then headed to the gym to play with remote control cars. Today was a fun and exhausting day :) - June 15, 2015 at 09:01PM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: