Friday, May 8, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

Day +43 One thing I LOVE about living at Ronald McDonald House is living in the same house with so many different families you have a chance to get to know each other. I have made some really neat friendships with some of the other Moms and have grown to love their kiddos as well. We share each others good and bad news. And just live life together. Today one of the families that I have grown to love got some pretty devastating news about their daughter. I have been crying most of the day since I found out and my heart aches for them like you wouldn't believe. I wish I had words to describe how amazing this little girl is. Everyone who is around them just loves her so much. If y'all could be praying for their family as they get ready to walk this hard hard road I would be so thankful. News about Anton. We took some wound cultures a few days ago on Anton and the wound on his bottom is growing Staff, Pseudomonas, yeast, and one other thing but I can't remember. his G tube is growing staph, Pseudomonas, and the one that freaks me out the most e. coli. They put him on IV meds to treat the e. Coli and oral antibiotics to treat the rest of the infections. Then I got a call around 5 from one of the BMT doctors and she told me he has bacteria growing in his bone marrow and they were readmitting him to the hospital. I asked her if we could eat dinner and pack and she said we could. We got all settled in the hospital and I got to pick his doctors brain about what we are dealing with, what the treatment is, and if we should be worried. Pseudomonas is what is growing in his bone marrow so they have him on two different iv antibiotics for that. He said there is a chance it isn't a true infection and that when they did the biopsy something could have been on his skin that cause it to come back saying he has Pseudomonas in his bone marrow but based on his counts being so low they are pretty sure he truly does have an infection in his bone marrow. Treating an infection in the marrow takes a while and isn't super easy to do because they have to find a med that will go through the bone and into the marrow. He said it takes a while to clear an infection in the bone marrow and we could be here for about 3 weeks. They are getting the infectious disease team involved to make sure he is on the best meds possible to treat the infection. I'm not freaking out too much because I can't stop thinking about my sweet friends and what they are going through with their daughter. I do know that this infection in his bone marrow is serious and we do need to get it under control asap! I also want to say THANK YOU to everyone who bought things off of our wish list. You guys blew us away with your kindness and we are truly thankful. Someone also sent me a sweet butterfly scarf for Mother's Day which was a neat surprise and it's a beautiful scarf. Thank you again to everyone!!! I will keep y'all updated on how our sweet boy is doing. He isn't ting sick at all so I'm thankful for that! - May 08, 2015 at 11:19PM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: